91 Lenin avenue, Tomsk, Russia.
Telephone/fax: +7 (3822) 52-72-25
��������� ������ ��������� ������

City

Tomsk was founded in 1604 by Tzar Boris who ordered to spy out a comely place for building the city and draw it on the drawing and clean the place asking for Gods grace to put the city in a strong position.

Over four centuries Tomsk has changed its appearance many times. Tomsk has turned from a military fortress into a famous trade merchant town. And since the end of 1880 its been called Siberian Athens and the city of wisdom and science.

Imperial Tomsk University, founded in 1878, was the first university in Siberia and in the Far East.

Today Tomsk is a citadel of science and education in Siberia.

Basic economic activities of Tomsk is mining and processing of hydrocarbon, chemical industry and engineering. In Tomsk there are four professional theaters, philharmonic, organ hall and two exhibition halls.

Tomsk is a multinational city which combines various centers of religious denominations. Orthodox churches, the White Mosque, Choral Seine and the Lutheran Church have renewed their service.

In 1991 Tomsk was given the status of a historical city. Reserved part of the city retained the uniqueness of the urban landscape of stone buildings of the provincial city of XIX- XX centuries and wooden buildings, furnished with antique carvings.

In the third millennium Tomsk became well-maintained and comfortable for living. Tomsk has become a city of European type, without losing its original charm and Siberian romance.
White Mosque Bogoyavlensky cathedral and Chapel of the Iberian icon of the Mother of God Tomsk State University Chemists bridge

91 Lenin avenue, Tomsk, Russia. Telephone/fax: 7 (3822) 52-72-25.
E-mail: hotel-sibir.tomsk@yandex.ru
© Hotel Siberia 2011. Official website.
������� �������� ���������